Semillas Counseling PLLC is a leading mental health counseling practice located in the Chicagoland area, with headquarters located in the River North and North Center neighborhoods. We supervise and train clinical mental health and family counseling interns from local schools, including Adler University, Northeastern Illinois University, The Family Institute at Northwestern University, and The Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
Start your journey to becoming a mental health counselor by joining a team of licensed counselors, licensed social workers and fellow interns who are driven with a common goal of assisting our clients toward improved relationships and overall mental health.
Our interns are highly motivated to help their respective clients in a fast-paced environment that is inclusive, supportive, collaborative, and fun.
Internship Program Details:
· Interns provide psychotherapy services to couples, families and individuals over the age of 16.
· Have an enhanced training opportunity, co-facilitating counseling sessions with their supervisor.
· Are provided wraparound support, including weekly group and individual supervision.
· Gain experience providing both in-person and telehealth counseling services.
Practicum and Internship Program Requirements:
· Candidate must be a master-level graduate student of clinical mental health counseling or family counseling and concurrently in their practicum or internship seminar
· Candidate must be available to be onsite three (3) days per week, for at least twelve (12) months
· Internships begin in the Summer prior to the fall term or January at the beginning of the spring term.
· Placement will be at one of our two locations for all your sessions, including telehealth sessions:
737 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, Illinois 60611 or 4001 N Wolcott Ave, Chicago, Illinois, 60613
We are looking for intern candidates who:
· Are self-motivated and enthusiastic.
· Professional and collaborative.
· Possess active listening skills and strong level of empathy.
· Have a strong desire to work with couples and families.
· Passionate about the field of mental health and discovering their role as a healer.
If you're interested in learning more start by completing the interest form and attaching your cover letter and resume.
Generally our application deadline for Fall practicum and internship is March 15th. Students with an alternate start date are encouraged to apply at least 6 months prior to their start date.
We receive many applicants each year. Applicants will hear from our team after applying if they are selected to move forward in the interview process.
Typically internships generally start August 1 and complete July 31
Candidates should apply on the practicum and internship schedule of their school
Interns will see 12-15 clients per week
Special consideration is provided for interns with an alternative placement schedule.
Our organization is comprised of licensed counselors, licensed social workers, counseling interns, and administrative professionals who are driven and engaged with a common goal of assisting our clients toward improved relationships and overall mental health.
Semillas Counseling PLLC is committed to making semillascounseling/careers accessible to any and all users. To contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or for assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources via email . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Semillas Counseling PLLC is an equal opportunity employer (EEO). Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Semillas Counseling PLLC
737 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, Illinois 60611
4001 N Wolcott Ave, Chicago IL, 60613
Terms | Cookies | Privacy | HIPAA | Unsubscribe
Copyright © 2021 Semillas Counseling PLLC